Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fate & Me

Fate it seems is not without a sense of irony.. I mean why is it that the inherent sense of irony and that ‘ I have seen it all and I don’t care’ attitude comes to the one guy in the family who cant afford it?.. it was not as if our father in heaven didn’t have a choice.. Our father here (god rest his soul) in all his wisdom (sense of humour rather) gave the almighty plenty of choice, Why not the big brother? He is the real McCoy, The man with the brains and the bank account.. Nope, He had to be the hallelujah guy…why? ‘Cos his tithe itself could buy heaven in all its glory? Cant blame the almighty though.. Its boom town and everyone’s looking for a profit.. But the bro would rather be the prophet.. Why not the sisters? With the Dr’s attached to their respective names they could pretty much afford it.. Nope, the medical Dr cant afford to have it... how apt is it going to be if she were to feel that bloated liver and give that ironic smirk that affects me in similar situations or look at that scalpel and say I have seen it all (a tendency to which I am so given) we have to give it to our man in heaven for keeping it from her.. Nor can the agri Dr be it.. There has to be the other extreme in somebody right, helps keep the gene thingys from biting their own tails.. So she had to be the one with the ‘I care a lot and I do give a damn’ attitude.. So it had to be me.. The one to be the lonely bearer of the family cross.. Cant say god didn’t equip me though.. With an MA in English I am the master of rhetoric.. Not that it lessens the load but it lets me in inflict it a bit on others.. A sort of sadistic relief .

No comments: